GAAP Reporting Specialist
Monthly Management Reporting / Annual Management and Statutory Reporting
- Full responsibility for the monthly and year end close process and statutory audit to meet strict Group deadlines;
- Monthly review of expenses to ensure correct calculation and posting of accruals/prepayments to management accounts;
- To reconcile and analyse the accounts on a monthly basis (both P&L and Balance Sheet) from a statutory/legal and internal reporting perspective including BS Rec filе;
- Liaison with Consolidation Teams in terms of management reporting;
- Managing the local Fixed Asset Register and Capex spend for Group through the related software in compliance with Group Policies;
- Responsibility for all intercompany flows to and from Ukraine including investigation of any unreconciled/aged balances;
- Full responsibility for the annual budget and projection processes;
- Act as a finance partner to the business for any related queries Perform analysis of main reasons of FX exposure.
- Analyse monthly management accounts (both P&L and balance sheet) from a statutory/legal perspective for the relevant jurisdiction and review for control purposes. Any balances which would be problematic for an external audit should be aligned to meet local compliance needs and adjusted in conjunction Group Financial Reporting (e.g. accruals, payroll control accounts, asset valuations, debt provision review);
- To manage and conduct an overall review of the year-end Group accounts of the relevant statutory entities and complete the management/statutory reconciliations as relevant to the entities;
- To manage the completion of local statutory accounts to ensure that these are prepared and filed in accordance with local requirements and deadlines;
- Produce periodic forecasts of P&L and highlight any potential issues;
- Produce periodic Cash Flow forecasts;
- Maintain an up-to-date record of the financial disclosures and compliance requirements;
- Review of new agreements, check and approval of new suppliers/ customers from Financial Control to minimize risks and perform a due care check;
- Manage the AP/AR functions within the * internal control environment
- Oversee credit management through assessment of new customers, ageing/overdue analysis and reminders/contacts to customers to collect debt;
- To maintain an appropriate Bad Debt and Inventories provision per local and Group standards.
Tax Accounting & Reporting
- Prepare all local tax returns in advance of filing (e.g. Corporate Tax, VAT, Payroll Taxes, Statistics reports) to ensure they meet local requirements and are submitted/filed on a timely basis, after the sign-off by Regional/Group Tax;
- Review and ensure that tax budgets & forecasts are submitted to Group Tax within agreed timelines;
- Review the local transactional data incorporated into the Group Tax pack and add qualitative commentary or explanations where required, clear queries from Group Tax;
- Post Tax journals for IFRS received from Group Tax for the year end (STAT), review & ensure STAT Tax Models for the year end are correctly completed and submitted to Group Tax within agreed timelines;
- Under direction from Group Tax manage local direct and indirect taxation issues
- Under direction from Group Tax manage any local audits (i.e. being the company representative in these circumstances) ensuring full awareness of local deadlines & potential implications;
- Co-ordinate any reviews by tax authorities and keep all interested parties informed on the results;
- Advise Group Tax of any apparent tax compliance exposures & new tax initiatives which may/will affect business and processes;
- Complete and keep updated the relevant transfer pricing file (including any trading agreements between related Intercompany parties) and communicate to Group Tax any tax issues which become apparent from the data;
- Ensure CbC Reporting is submitted timely and maintained on files;
- Ensure that all inter-co loan agreements are in place and up to date;
- Perform monthly reviews on intercompany transactions to ensure all transfer pricing rules for Ukraine are being adhered to and in line with Group Tax policies;
- Act as a liaison between the Group Tax department, the local tax manager/advisors and local management in relation to reorganisations, country specific tax planning, periodic specific tax projects, operational or legal changes.
- Act as a payment approver in line with Group Treasury mandates and strict internal control policies;
- To ensure all banks transactions are posted on a timely basis reconciled monthly. Where relevant bank mandates to be reviewed quarterly and any required corrections notified to Group Treasury (e.g. leavers);
- Periodical check of cash requirements to support the business growth and inform Group Treasury about possible financing requirements;
- Ensure currency control is complied with and there are no violations which may cause penalties.
- Complete the Group insurance questionnaire annually for the relevant jurisdiction and answer any queries arising from it;
- To inform Group about any possible new coverage required or material changes in coverages;
- Manage all local insurance claims in conjunction with Group and the local Business.
- Review& sign on an on-going basis collection of documentation to support tax/VAT compliance;
- Ensure that the business has appropriate registrations with government/regulatory authorities in order to meet compliance reporting requirements (e.g. Chamber of Commerce) and put in place when necessary;
- Ensure all statistical returns for the local jurisdiction are completed and submitted on time;
- Maintain relationships with and monitor service levels of service providers where activity is outsourced.
- To represent the Company before all Ukrainian administrative authorities – directly or through the local Director;
- To represent the Company in signing any documents necessary to comply with the Ukrainian laws - directly or through the local Director;
- Co-ordinate and manage any changes to the registered legal entities between the Group Legal, Company Secretarial and the local legal representative to ensure all country requirements are complied with Ensure the safekeeping of company seal and of local legal documents such as share certificates, deeds of ownership, company’s articles and memorandum of association. Keep an up-to-date record of all guarantees issued by and to the company;
- Maintain a local legal library including copies of all important legal and financial paperwork;
- Monitor and follow up on any changes to the local law that may have significant impact on compliance issues. Ensure ‘Blueprint One World’ database is updated for dissolved / disposed companies, legal entity directors, and that the dates are recorded correctly.
- Ownership of the;
- Controls Reporting System (‘KCRS’) for Ukraine Lead periodic KCRS self-assessments liaising with all functions in Ukrainе;
- Update and rollover the Group Compliance systems when required to do so
- Assist with internal audits. Perform Financial Compliance monitoring in Financial Control;
- Treasury and Tax on an ongoing basis and report results;
- Participate on development and implementation of new local policies to comply with local & Group requirements.
- Review the monthly payroll GL entries and the bank transfer file to employees;
- Review payroll from a tax compliance perspective and advise Group Tax of any potential exposures or control weaknesses;
- Review for business relevance and sign off changes to payroll when updates in local salary/wage legislation occur;
- Responsibility for employee expense claims and periodic process review in the local jurisdiction to check appropriateness of authorisations, levels of expenditure etc.
- Support the M&A function with acquisitions/divestments activity in the local jurisdiction;
- Assist with any business projects as required.
- Qualified accountant with a recognized professional qualification (fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CPA) Minimum 5 years of post-qualified experience in a similar role Knowledge of IFRS Good knowledge of Ukrainian GAAP and taxation;
- Fully fluent in English Excellent communication skills Audit firm background desirable Information systems: MS Excel – advanced user;
- Hyperion, SAP and 1C (local ERP) experience desirable;
- Open to work overtime where necessary to meet key deadlines such as year-end close;
- Available to travel for international meetings.