Development Analyst Manager
An experienced, enthusiastic, results-oriented IT professional is needed for the role of Track & Trace Development Analyst Manager.
This is a global position within GDC Track&Trace Delivery Center Team, Global IT function. GDC Track & Trace Development Analyst Manager will in charge of managing the development and delivery of Track & Trace software components with the involvement of in-house and outsource resources. The scope includes bug fixing, minor change request implementation, service requests implementation, and problem investigation. This position is also responsible to establish the effective performance of the business solutions together with external service providers.
This is a great opportunity for experienced and passionate IT professionals to join the global IT team and contribute to the infrastructure of global business-critical software. If you have a strong technical background, who can challenge the infrastructure, application landscape, interfacing, quality control of the codes, and know-how to challenge the external vendors and development teams to achieve an effective result - then this is the position for you!
- Manage outsourced vendors/development teams’ activities, including the below functions:
- Analyze the request and detect key areas to be completed and communicate the requirements to external teams/vendors;
- Actively contribute and approve architecture, technology recommendation, and delivery methodology;
- Ensure that new development will fulfill the security and technical requirements;
- Verify technical analysis and estimations given by service providers;
- Work with the project manager and external service providers to estimate the development resources, budget, and the delivery plan; highlight risks from the development perspective;
- Manage development activities with external development teams and deliver the development according to the plan;
- Ensure that proper unit/regression testing activities were done by external developers and that the migration between environments is executed timely and in the optimal matter.
- Manage the relationship and service delivery with Track&Trace Development Center service providers.
- Lead the housekeeping internal projects aiming to migrate the Track&Trace Development Center applications to new technology standards.
- Having the ownership of the application support requests which are being handled by external team, he/she provides application support for both production and development through the resolution of minor and complex incidents & change/service request.
- Work closely with BTS Track & Trace for change requests and project implementation.
- University degree in Information Technologies (Computer Science, Software Engineering and Automation, Cybernetics or Applied Mathematics) or Strong Practical and Theoretical IT Background
- On hand experience working in Software Development Projects of 3-5 years as an Analyst, Developer, or Team Lead
- English - Fluent or Upper-Intermediate (essential)
- Good skills in Technical Document writing and reviewing
- Strong knowledge of the following technologies:
- Relational Databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc)
- .NET or Java, or similar languages
- Following skills will be considered as advantage:
- Basic Network Principles
- Good knowledge of Software Development and Software Design Methodologies
- Good knowledge of Software Project Management Methodologies, other IT areas such as Networks and Security
- Analytical skills
- Strong, mature personality, Self-confident, Self-motivated, looking for challenges, works independently and remotely
- Customer Oriented attitude
- Flexibility and Openness for New Technologies
- Excellent time management skills for working in multitasking environments
- Willing and capable to travel to other locations as per each project requirements (Depending on the Projects’ schedule the time spent away from the home location may reach 10-25% of the total working time