Job reference number: 60e5b86f3d72da0011c62a42
Purchasing manager (food)
THE MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- Manage direct purchasing processes and products, flow and the associated information across the whole business in order to maximize value to the customer whilst minimizing overall costs.
- Co-develop and co-execute Country supply chain Mid-, Long-term strategy and network configuration in order to build optimal end-to-end supply process for achieving Supply Chain operational excellence, in alignment with the corporation’s strategic plans.
- To insure suppliers’ mid and long-term development and transformation to meet the Company customers’ expectations and enhance company’s customer value proposition.
- EDUCATION Bachelor’s or University degree preferably in economics or Supply Chain Additional business education is a plus.
- Fluent English.
- PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND FUNCTIONAL EXPERTISE Minimal 3 years of relevant work experience in International Purchasing and Supply Chain management in consumer companies (As a plus if there is rich experience in Salad & Food Produce or Beverages product categories).
- Solid experience of working in Supply Chain both on a conceptual and operational levels.
- Solid negotiation skills (Top-to-Top, with Global Companies) Innovative approach to conflict and issue management
- Experience in contingency planning and crisis management
- Good understanding of distribution function
- In-depth knowledge of key world class Planning Practices Extensive knowledge of planning with strong customer focus
- Understanding 3PL’s, 4PL’s business model Multi-plant, multi-unit and/or multi-discipline experience is a big plus
- Strong Project management skills
- Proven experience in managing internal client relationships in complex, large and global organizations
- Deep insight into the planning process, procedures, finance procedures, quality assurance procedures
- Ability to make key supply decisions, across the network, quickly having assessed all risks.