Patient Journey Partner
The PJP Mission:
• Health care is changing: Radical innovation, increased openness to change, increasing patient empowerment, multiple sources of medical information, and pressure on public spending. As a result of all this, the needs of our stakeholders continue to evolve.
• The Patient Journey Partner (PJP) is at the center of the new Company organization, turning upside down the role we play in society - from mostly offering world-class medicines towards much more partnering, innovating and leading generative disruption. By doing so the PJP will be directly accountable to deliver better outcomes for patients, their community, the ecosystem and the organisation, faster.
• The PJP is an empowered leader and the local face of Company. She or he partners closely with all stakeholders directly touching the patient journey (in a given therapeutic or disease area), gaining a deep understanding of their needs in order to connect Company’s capabilities to co-create meaningful solutions.
• This role is locally embedded in the ecosystem, it is an integrated role, functionally agnostic, (i.e. it does not fit into the traditional concepts of Commercial/Sales or Medical Affairs).
• It has no profitability, sales objectives or incentives.
• The PJP is a senior level role within the affiliate, who has decision making authority to request resources of Company (both within the affiliate and broader network) in order to have improved impact on the patient journey.
• The PJP focuses on the importance of bringing the outside in, working with partners to uncover all potential opportunities to transform outcomes for patients, faster. They also bring the inside out, to bring Company expertise, science and knowledge to the ecosystem.
• Acts as trusted partner and is the primary (but non-exclusive) point of contact between stakeholders and Company; the PJP shares the patient and stakeholder community needs internally, prioritizes and secures resources, and drives solutions that deliver outcomes faster.
• Partners with patient journey stakeholders to remove roadblocks and unlock possibilities to deliver value for patients and the community.
• Stewards Company’s products through their lifecycle and supports their appropriate use, which includes sharing their merits with HCPs in a truthful and balanced manner.
• By overseeing the patient journey in its entirety, the PJP acts as a system thinker with the ability to identify shared purpose among stakeholders and leverages this to co-create solutions with stakeholders in the ecosystem.
• The role is empowered to pull in expertise and resources locally and from the network as needed, including in collaboration with other PJPs.
• Ensuring great experiences whenever stakeholders in the ecosystem engage with Company employees, products and services.
• To be knowledgeable about information concerning need for Company's products, services, therapy and diagnostics, tender procurement processes, including coverage of eligible patients in the responsible regions of the respective ecosystem.
• Timely delivery of medical information to key internal and external stakeholders and processing of medical inquiries.
• Leading the development and adaptation of the global local ecosystem.
• Providing scientific and expert support to the medical community in the implementation of innovative methods of therapy, including the preparation and updating of clinical protocols and guidelines.
Mindset & Behaviors/ VACC:
The PJP demonstrates personal purpose around improving the patient journey, as well as strong passion to create value and impact on the ecosystem. They think from an Enterprise level, beyond boundaries and borders, to bring best possible outcomes to both the local health environment, and more broadly, across Company globally.
Visionary: defining and embedding the strategy around creating improved patient journeys.
• Strong entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding partnering capabilities (coaching, consulting, ability to deeply listen, question and understand).
• Growth mindset, able to learn and unlearn quickly, take risks and experiment, and contribute to the learning cycle by sharing knowledge with others inside and outside Company.
• Self managed and self directed - altruistic in supporting the global network.
• Display of integrity in everything (i.e. open, honest, ethical and genuine).
• Enabler mindset leveraging the internal and external networks to create value, sharing back and scaling.
• Boldly acts on key decisions and opportunities and boldly stops any activity that is not adding value. Ability to say “No” to stakeholders when the value is not predictable/foreseen.
Experiences, Knowle dge and Qualifications:
• System thinker and deep listener.
• Excellent stakeholder engagement skills including partnering with TAE's and organizations is required. Experience partnering with PAGs is highly desired.
• Experience leading Cross-functional team is required. Experience in both formulating cross-functional strategies and orchestrating cross-functional teams is highly desired.
• Strong business acumen with desired expertise in commercialization, medical and customer experience excellence.
• Able to understand and leverage digital means and tools is desired.
• Deep experience in agile ways of working is desired.
• Deep understanding of patient journey(s) and related treatments in defined disease area(s), enabling engagement at the specialist level.
• Broad understanding of Company’s present portfolio and future pipeline, such that they can work on future-based solutions.
• Robust understanding of medical affairs strategies and tactics including clinical research.
Other relevant capabilities:
• Proficient in English to collaborate internally across the broader Company enterprise is highly desired.
• University degree (scientific, economic, or business degree). An advanced degree in Life science and/or MBA is a plus.
• Practical understanding of digital innovation methodologies.