Job reference number: 606a99da7f2ea50011a4e6f3
Директор высшей школы развития / Dean of Graduate School of Development
- Research: Conducts, promotes, encourages, and supports in-depth analysis on current and emerging policy and environmental issues in the region, as well as trans-disciplinary research to help inform and contribute to the work of the institutes and constituent units of GSD.
- Development: Oversees implementation of activities to enhance the analytical capacity of governments and civil society to use evidence in decision-making processes. Support Visiting Fellows Programme, Post-Graduate Certificate and post-graduate degree programmes that help build human resource in the region.
- Work with civil society: Facilitates learning networks around key themes of good governance, health, education, rule of law and the environment to foster a more enabling policy and administrative environment for civil society in Central Asia and assist the development of a broad spectrum of civil society actors.
- Work with partner institutions: Guides the development of partner university and research institute linkages to enhance the work of GSD.
- Preservation of cultural heritage: Oversees activities to preserve and promote the rich and diverse cultural heritages of the region through research, documenting, archiving and support of regional scholars.
- Staff: Leads recruitment, development and retention of research fellows and other academic staff with a particular focus on Central Asia. The Dean will guide professional development of staff and make recommendations on their promotions.
- Funding: Lead the development of discipline focused, as well as, multidisciplinary proposals for funding to support research and development activities of GSD.
- PhD or equivalent in a relevant field, together with a distinguished record of scholarly accomplishments.
- A demonstrated track record spanning more than ten years of administrative experience in academic/research leadership positions.
- Experience in university academic policy planning, development, and administration.
- Previous experience of work in the region.
- Advanced English is required.
- Knowledge of Russian would be an important asset.